September 20, 2021 – Until October, the Oregon Department of Transportation is working on Phase 2 of the ADA curb ramp project and the replacement of the bridge deck on the Siuslaw River Bridge.
Replacement of the bridge deck
ODOT will replace the bridge deck on Highway 101 Siuslaw River Bridge. The construction phase began on September 20 and the replacement of the bridge will begin on October 11.
What to expect:
Sept. 20 to Oct. 11: Teams installing scaffolding from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm A traffic lane controlled by flaggers as needed.
Oct. 11 to Oct. 16: crews replacing the deck from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A traffic lane controlled by signs 24 hours a day.
Oct. 17 to Oct. 29 Periodic signaling as needed to complete the installation of the counterweights.
ADA Sidewalk Ramp Project
ODOT is restarting the construction of 161 ADA access ramps on the 101 freeway through Florence.
“The project was split into two phases,” said Resident Engineer Shane Prohaska. “The first phase was completed earlier in the year and the second phase begins this week. We estimate that the project will be completed by February 2022. Some work is weather dependent and may change our schedule. “
What to expect:
- Pedestrians, including people with disabilities, will have access through or around the work area. The path will be marked with signs.
- There will be noise and dust during working hours.
- Only one corner of each intersection will close at a time.
- Work can take place at several intersections at the same time.
- The work can be done day or night depending on traffic and can take place between Sunday 6 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m.
Visit the project web page at www.oregon.gov/odot/projects/pages/project-details.aspx?project=22118 for more information on construction phases and traffic impacts.
For 24/7 road conditions and traffic alerts, visit tripcheck.com or call 5-1-1. Check out the interactive construction map on TripCheck.com for the most up-to-date information on road conditions and traffic jams.